16 Jun Clinic Protocol for clients/caregivers
Posted at 22:15h in Blog
This policy applies to all clients and caregivers who attend for in-person therapy at the clinic:
- Clients will be greeted by their therapist (wearing a mask) outside the front door to the clinic at the top of the stairs. Start times will be staggered to allow for social distancing.
- Clients should be accompanied by the same adult to and from the clinic. If this is not possible (e.g. you have other children with you) please text your therapist and they will meet you at your car.
- All caregivers accompanying their child must wear a face mask.
- Clients over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask (per county guidelines) when entering the clinic providing they can INDEPENDENTLY take the mask on and off. Clients will remove their mask in the therapy room.
- All individuals entering our clinic will be asked the following screening questions. If the answer is YES to ANY of these questions therapy will be cancelled:
- In the past 24 hours have you or your child had a fever; chills; or body aches?
- Are you or your child coughing; short of breath; have a sore throat or having difficulty breathing?
- Are you or your child congested or have a runny nose?
- Do you or your child have abdominal pain; diarrhea; vomiting; or a rash?
- Have you or your child been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Anyone wishing to enter the clinic will have their temperature taken. If your temperature is above 100.4 you will not be able to enter the clinic. Anyone wishing to enter the clinic will be required to sanitize their hands using the available sanitizer that meets the CDC guidelines.
- Clients will remove their shoes at the front door.
- Clients will be supervised to wash their hands before every session. We have posted visuals in each bathroom to guide them through the 5 steps of hand washing as described by the CDC.
- Sessions will be conducted in one therapy room with the therapist wearing a clear face shield (to allow our clients to see our mouth and facial expressions) throughout the session.
- All treatment room and shared clinic space surfaces and materials (including tables, chairs, doorknobs, toys; etc); bathrooms; doorknobs; counter tops; kitchen; telephones; computers; copiers will be disinfected at the start of each work day and after each session/usage following our cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
- To collect your child these are the choices:
- Caregivers that have passed our screening may accompany their child to their session wearing a face mask, observe social distancing in the therapy room, and be present for the entire session in the therapy room.
- Your therapist can bring your child to the covered lobby at the bottom of the stairs 15 minutes before the end of their session. They will be able to speak with you for 5 minutes to allow time for the therapist to clean their room before the next client. If you choose this option PLEASE be on time to collect your child.
- If you have other children with you, please text your therapist and we will walk your child to the car.