16 Jun Clinic Protocol for clients/caregivers
Posted at 22:15h in Blog
This policy applies to all clients and caregivers who attend for in-person therapy at the clinic (updated 5/5/2021):
- Clients may enter the waiting room at their therapy time (not more than 5 minutes before). Clients will be greeted by the office manager/their therapist (wearing a mask) in the waiting room. Our waiting room is open for pick up and drop off ONLY. YOU MAY NOT WAIT FOR YOUR CHILD IN OUR WAITING ROOM TO ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- All caregivers accompanying their child must wear a face mask.
- Clients over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask (per county guidelines) when entering the clinic providing they can INDEPENDENTLY take the mask on and off. Clients will remove their mask in the therapy room.
- All individuals entering our clinic will be asked the following screening questions. If the answer is YES to ANY of these questions therapy will be cancelled:
- In the past 24 hours have you or your child had a fever; chills; or body aches?
- Are you or your child coughing; short of breath; have a sore throat or having difficulty breathing?
- Are you or your child congested or have a runny nose?
- Do you or your child have abdominal pain; diarrhea; vomiting; or a rash?
- Have you or your child been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Anyone wishing to enter the clinic will have their temperature taken. If your temperature is above 100.4 you will not be able to enter the clinic. Anyone wishing to enter the clinic will be required to sanitize their hands using the available sanitizer that meets the CDC guidelines.
- Clients will remove their shoes at the front door.
- Clients will be supervised to wash their hands before every session. We have posted visuals in each bathroom to guide them through the 5 steps of hand washing as described by the CDC.
- Sessions will be conducted in one therapy room with the therapist wearing a clear face shield (to allow our clients to see our mouth and facial expressions) throughout the session.
- All treatment room and shared clinic space surfaces and materials (including tables, chairs, doorknobs, toys; etc); bathrooms; doorknobs; counter tops; kitchen; telephones; computers; copiers will be disinfected at the start of each work day and after each session/usage following our cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
- To collect your child these are the choices:
- Caregivers that have passed our screening may accompany their child to their session wearing a face mask, observe social distancing in the therapy room, and be present for the entire session in the therapy room.
- After the session, please collect your child directly from their therapy room at the time agreed upon with your therapist (usually at the 45 minute mark for 60 minute sessions and at the 20 minute mark for 30 minute sessions). This allows your therapist time to talk about the session; explain homework and sanitize for their next client. PLEASE BE ON TIME. All therapists have back to back clients.