03 May TEEN SOCIAL GROUP
Is this group for your teen?
- Does your teen struggle in social situations?
- Is it difficult for them to engage in back and forth conversations?
- Are they anxious when meeting new people?
- Do they struggle to read the body language of other people?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions then our Social Group is likely a good match for your teenager. This group is for High School students led by a licensed Speech Language Pathologist trained in Social Thinking Methodologies (R) developed by Michelle Garcia Winner.
Our goal for these sessions is to help your teenager develop tools and strategies to help them build their social competencies and confidence in different social situations within a safe, supportive, non-judgmental environment.
- The group will be in-person at our clinic in Morgan Hill.
- The group will be run by our SLP, Lauren and our assistant Jessica, who is currently at SJSU in the Speech Language Pathology Masters program.
- The group will run for 6 weeks starting Monday June 13th from 3:45 to 5:00pm (last 15 minutes for parent questions / wrap up)
- The cost will be $100 per week reduced to $550 if you pay for 6 weeks by June 6th (private pay only).
- We will have a parent only session prior to the start of group to review concepts we will cover and answer any questions (date and time TBD)
- The first 2 group sessions are considered a trial period in order to determine if your teenager is a good fit for the group. If this group is not appropriate for them you can choose to discontinue services paying only for the classes they attended.
Feedback from our past participants:
“It was fun; I enjoyed it greatly. As someone with ASD, I found it very welcoming”
“This group has taught me how to become better friends with new or old friends”
“I had fun and good social interactions. I learned about friend circles. The group was very welcoming, which helped me feel less anxious”
“It’s nice to be surrounded by people who experience the same struggles I do when outside of group……The inclusivity and comfort this bought has been greatly appreciated”.